Me talk pretty everyday

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Confirmed

I am confirmed going to Los Angeles. Yes, coming soon, this spring to LA --- me.

And from this website, you get a bit of history for LA ---

"The Spanish explorer Gaspar de Portolá visited the site in 1769. On Sept. 4, 1781, the Mexican provincial governor, Filipe de Neve, founded “El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de Los Angeles,” meaning “The Village of Our Lady, the Queen of the Angels.” The pueblo became the capital of the Mexican province, Alta California, and it was the last place to surrender to the United States at the time of the American occupation in 1847. By the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo in 1848, Mexico ceded California to the United States, and Los Angeles was incorporated as a city in 1850."

4 Comments:

Blogger Just Me said...

Have fun. I am from LA, let me know if you need any suggestions on what to do.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Wayne said...

Just... Just don't go out after 6pm. If you do, bring a friend with you!!!

2:29 AM  
Blogger akihisa said...

LA sounds like a pretty shady place to be in, huh?! I thought it was all glitz and glamour with the beautiful bodies and people.

3:24 AM  
Blogger ça va pas la tête said...

CR: suggestions please... I have two baggages with me (aka Mr & Mrs Boss) of course, sometimes they will be ditched!

Wayne: Don't go out after 6pm? I dont have any indoor entertainment! *hint hint*

Ahmed: I guess it's very much depending on where you are staying too.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home