Me talk pretty everyday

Friday, June 23, 2006

Opsss.... We did it again

KL ranked no 3 in a survey done by reader digest on the 'rudeness' of its people (out of 35 cities). Hey people, we are rude and proud of it man....... hahah I am amused and at the same time, I am not surprised at by the outcome. I think, we really need to do something about this. It's really bad.

Check out the news here


Many years ago @ the cinema. (with some friends)
Moi: Fours tickets, please.
Customer Rep: Where you want to sit?
Moi: here... yes these four.
Customer Rep: empat puluh.
Moi: Thank you, Aminah *Looking at her name tag*
Customer Rep: *looking back, shoot me a killer look* Thank you for what?
Moi: *laughing and walking away*

She is just not used to the courtesy we have shown her. Sigh


Sometimes back @ TGV cinema
I was lining up to get my tickets and suddenly I noticed a lady standing in front after I looked away for a while.

Moi: Hello.. I am in the line.
Mdm: Or are you?
Moi: yes....
Mdm: Dont get upset.

What? how can some cut your line and still has the gut to ask you not to get upset? arghhhh KL people!!!!!


Yesterday @ KFC, KLCC
I saw one couple. The gal was buying food for the guy. The Ah Beng was happily googling at girls passing by him. When the girlfriend returned to the table.

Gal: Why you never helped me?
Boy: Why?
Gal: Why you never helped me?
Boy: You angry ar?

The gal slammed down the tray and pushed the table behind her and it's was such a sight to behold. I was amused, of course.

Just listen to the many tales about how when someone was robbed and there is no one to help you, not even your neighbours for the fear that they might get into trouble too. Sigh...

10 Comments:

Blogger famezgay said...

oh gosh i totally agreed to those articles.. I always smile but somehow I feel i'm a retarded kid since no one will really smile back to me.. they reply me with a weird face.. Huh most Malaysian are too rude already.. soo sad..

8:11 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

You have assigned seating at the theater to watch movies? I like that idea. We always have to struggle to find seats.

Anyway, being the ruddest city is not so bad. My city was once the fattest city in the US.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Shake Trees said...

hmmm human display of ugliness. take a look ard, d world is in chaos. its getting worst. if we can't make it better, dun make it worst. u can avoid though as there're ways.

11:46 PM  
Blogger Ganymede said...

Uh, Malaysia truely Asia? :P

11:51 PM  
Blogger Pike-chan said...

i have some good and bad experience... a mix... depends which area u r at mostly

2:04 AM  
Blogger Life Cafez said...

I agree with ceusm, some Malaysian tried to act "high class" and showing you a face that will freeze the water become an ice in a second. Usually I will greet them (when buying the movie tickets,ordering the fast food etc) in a friendly manner but in return, I can read something written in their face which they are showing:"Are you crazy? Greet what? So free and nothing to do? Fast fast say what you want and Next!"

I had experienced with some cabin crews in one of the Malaysia's airline (beside MAS) treated their passengers rude and impolite, they are the one will represent Malaysia's culture to people around the world but with their attitude, it really spoilt the image of Malaysia, sigh....

3:51 AM  
Blogger savante said...

Not sure why everyone's ( well the politicians ) so horrified though. I mean, just take the criticism and try to change.

paul

10:30 AM  
Blogger ça va pas la tête said...

I am not trying to sensational the topic but really... things are getting very bad in KL. And we have not even get to malaysian drivers.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Harvey said...

Oh? It's that bad? I think there are polite Malaysians, not as few as we think. Besides, I just heard that there were two cases where the thief was hit to death by the public in Johor. So much for the spirit of Gotong-royong.

1:30 PM  
Blogger cain & abel said...

lol! Simply hilarious! I once worked in a box office of a theatre house before. Wait till you hear how ridiculous customers can get instead!

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home