Me talk pretty everyday

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

off day

Since my office does not observe all public holidays, I was very very glad that we have had last saturday off. In fact , due to not having a full saturday to myself for a long time, I sort of feeling lost - 2 dayssssss all to myself? What a treat!

I went to I-Utama to catch a french flim. That's the fourth movie in a week - starting with Da Vinci Code, Poisedon, X Men III, Joyeux Noël.





















For those who loved classical music, dont miss this show - there are a few scenes where you'll get to hear superb performance....

And it is in moments like this, I feel:

1. even more stronger, my desire to go back to Europe. In fact, the other day:

Relative: When are you coming back?
Moi: A bit later
Relative: So you just want to come back for fun la?
Moi: No lar. I am still learning about businesses here in KL.
*quickly diverting topic*
Moi: Oh... Is Bebe coming back for his holiday?
Relative: Oh I dont know.. I sort of forgotten that his passport expired so we need to renew his passport in London first and the airticket is gonna be a bomb la.
Moi: Ok.. I will talk to you guys again later.

2. that I am thinking seriously about my future. While I am so sure what I want to build, what I want to do in life... I cannot deny there are times I wanna have a shortcut, easy way out... The times when I see some of my friends achieving so much in life...

3. that I feel the need to stand up and tell people around me that the da vinci code is of no threat to the church that was tested through time. Religion with all its flaws is about hope. Hope for the better. I remember the times I read about the code and I was thinking to myself, 'what if all these were true?' I think the hooha is for people who do not think what they read. yes I agree that media can be a very powerful tool but the controversies surrounding da vinci are pretty baseless and fictional...

Aunty: Oh did you know about the movie where magdelene gave birth to jesus's child?
Moi: yeah... da vinci
Mum: we saw the movie the other day
Aunty: What? you guys went to see the movie? The devil's work?
Moi: Yeah
Mum: Cannot see mer?
Aunty: Cannot.... satanic lar.
Moi: *giggling*

(Note: aunty is a very kind lady and pious, so she is being excused.... and I need to tell her the truth too about how silly is the myth of davinci)

On a more serious note, Work has been pretty alright. Sometimes it's really stressful but I think I have handled them ok. Hmmmm I have been even more stressful situations, just that I hate dealing which situation that comprimises my performances. ;) yeah, I am a prick that is performanced focused. Maybe that is why some of my colleagues are having a hard time trying to catch up with me. opppsss...

4 Comments:

Blogger AJ said...

Saturday off?
What's that?

I went in to the office to work.... Pout..Sulk Sulk Sulk..

3:53 PM  
Blogger savante said...

GASP! There really people who don't watch Da Vinci Code :O

Paul

6:02 PM  
Blogger Life Cafez said...

Well, I do enjoyed classical music most of the time too. Unfortunately, I don't find this movie "Joyeux Noel" showing in the cinema at my hometown. I will watch it when I'm back to KL, hopefully it's still showing :)

Wil

5:47 PM  
Blogger ça va pas la tête said...

Well, they are only showing during the french film festival. ;) Dommage.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home